Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cheesy Cauliflower Pancakes


I'm always in the mood to taste something new. (Restless Foodie Syndrome) So I hit the pages of Pinterest last week and found a few dishes that really caught my eye.

This week I will be featuring 3 dishes I have never tried before. One is savory (of course), one is sweet, and one is Fauxbulously simple, but has a pretty big "Ooh La La" factor. (Saving that one for Friday.)  You'll want to stick around for it. So good...my family has already asked when I'll be making it again. 

Anyway...on to today's feature  -  The minute I read this recipe I knew I had to try it! I did have a few questions though, so I read all the comments under it. So glad I did! I was able to make a few changes, follow a couple of tips, and bring to you a "spot on" dish! This is an awesome alternative to serving the standard baked potato with your steak. (That's exactly what I did.) And it was followed by HUGE raves from my family! What a great find! Enjoy!




Ingredients:
1 head of cauliflower
2 large eggs
1 cup freshly grated cheddar cheese
2 Tbs finely chopped green onion, plus extra for serving
1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs 
1/2 tsp cayenne pepper (more or less to taste)
1 tsp salt
small amount of olive oil
small amount of sour cream

Directions:
Wash your cauliflower, chop into florets, and steamin a medium size sauce pan for about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from pan and drain any water. In a large bowl, mash cauliflower while still warm. Mix in eggs, cheese, green onion, breadcrumbs, cayenne pepper, and salt. Sit in fridge for about half an hour to allow to cool and set up.

Coat the bottom of a griddle or non-stick skillet with olive oil over med/high heat. Form the cauliflower mixture into patties about 3 inches across. Cook for about 3 minutes per side, or until nice and browned. Keep each batch warm in the oven while you finish cooking the other. Garnish with additional chopped green onion and a side of sour cream. Makes about 8 pancakes.

Recipe Adapted From: A Good Appetite
Pin It!

24 comments:

  1. These sound fabulously delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were so good! If you like cauliflower (like me), this is a MUST try!

      Delete
  2. I am going to try this - always looking for new ways with veggies. Thanks, Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look wonderful - I love cauliflower. And, love that these pancakes are veggie based. I'm hopping over from Whatcha Whipped Up tonight; hope you'll swing by SalmonAtSeven.com one of these days soon - and maybe enter my launch giveaway. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so different and they look so good. I would really love if you could link up at Thursday Food Fest at http://www.theeaseoffreeze.com. I open Wednesday evenings. Hope to see you there! Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look amazing. I can't wait to try them. I have a Blog Hop, and I would love it if you would link this post. You can find it at
    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/07/surf-spray-and-wednesdays-adorned-from.html
    It is called Wednesdays Adorned From Above Blog Hop.
    I hope to see you there. Have a great Day.
    Debi Bolocofsky
    Adorned From Above
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds fantastic - the perfect light summer side dish. Pinned :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this! Would love for you to share this at our Kitchen Fun and Crafty Friday link party...just posted it!
    http://kitchenfunwithmy3sons.blogspot.com/2012/07/kitchen-fun-and-crafty-friday-link_19.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! Thanks for sharing on Craftionary!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love these, they are perfect for a meatless dinner, which I try to squeeze in a few times a week, I am trying this for sure, thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I cannot wait to try these! Thanks for taking the time to perfect the recipe. Putting this on the menu for next week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really good I can't wait to try it....visiting you via Sunday Scoop party.......I'd like to invite you to link your wonderful recipe up at CountryMommaCooks party and enter our giveaway..........have great weekend : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. This looks delicious! Thank you so much for sharing! I will be pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've heard about these before! They look wonderful. This recipe is a keeper!

    ReplyDelete
  14. This makes me think even I could love this since it has panko and cheese and cayenne pepper. Thanks so much for sharing on Tout It Tuesday! Hope to see you tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  15. i will have to try. I love mashed potato pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow! This looks and sounds amazing! Love finding inspiration on Pinterest! I do appreciate you sharing with Home and Garden Thursday,
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  17. Leslie, do you think you could come stay at my house for a while? I love everything you make! I'm featuring your recipe this week over at Addicted to Recipes :-) Thanks for sharing at Scrumptious Sunday!
    http://iamaddictedtorecipes.blogspot.ca/2012/07/scrumtious-sunday-21-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Leslie! Your dish loks amazing! I love cauliflower but I rarely cook with it. Going to pin this so I remember to give it a try.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for linking up! I'll be featuring this on my blog tomorrow!

    http://www.sumossweetstuff.com

    Sumo:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm not sure that my family would eat these but I would LOVE them! Maybe I can make them for my friend sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I have to admit that I have never tried cauliflower but those look like a good place to start!

    Thanks so much for linking up at Mealtime Monday! Can't wait to see what you link up tonight!

    Kaylee
    www.couponingncooking.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Leslie,
    These look so good. I bought cauliflower so that I could make them this weekend. I have listed your posting as one of my featured links for this week on my Friday Favorite Blog Links

    http://www.adornedfromabove.com/2012/09/cucumber-basil-martini-for-fridays.html

    Visit my blog to grab your featured blogger button.

    Sincerely,
    Debi Bolocofsky
    www.adornedfromabove.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...